September 18, 2026

Harbinger

  

Harbinger
by Geneva Lee
 
Book: Stand Alone
Publisher: Red Tower Books
Pub Date: September 22, 2026
Genre: Adult, Romance, Fantasy, Mythology
Format: ARC
Source: Publisher
Book Links: Goodreads  Amazon  Bookshop

Arden Icaros was never supposed to matter. From the poorest of five noble bloodlines, she prefers life on the family farm with dirt under her nails over the fine dresses at court. She just needs to get through one boring ceremony, inherit her earth magic, and return home.

Instead, she's handed a dagger and with it, an impossible choice.

Now Arden is branded an omen of war, half the nobility wants her dead, and assassins are tracking her every move.

Her only chance of survival lies with the most feared man in Antares.

They call him Bishop. No one remembers the name he had before he dedicated his life to his order. Empowered to execute first and question later, Bishop is ruthless, terrifying, and utterly loyal to the kingdom that wants Arden dead.

He should kill her.

Instead, he offers her sanctuary.

But the longer Arden stays under Bishop's protection, the more dangerous he becomes. Because Bishop has secrets powerful enough to topple kingdoms...and a need for Arden that could ruin them both.
 

 

My Review: MY BOOK OF THE YEAR!!!

I LOVE everything by Geneva and didn't think something could top her Filthy Rich books but OMG this is pure perfection and I'm so devastated that I don't have the next book already in my hands. 

We start out in the cold - literally, Arden has to trek through the winter cold, shoeless and then made to wait her turn. All in the name to get her birthright. 

Well.... Arden isn't already a big fan of the whole ritual to get your birthright and when her turn comes to claim it... she is marked by the one line no one wants. Now all hell breaks lose. 

Bishop saves Arden. He gets her out and into a safe place no one will go looking for her and soon he will take her to another place where no one will dare go. This will keep Arden safe. Bishop has taken upon himself to keep her safe and protected. Come to find out, they end up in his home. Yup, no one will be trying anything out there. (Until a party later in the book)

At this point, I'm already hooked and it's not even close to halfway. BUT when we got to the point where Arden thought she lost Bishop and then poof here he is. Everything changes once again. 

When Bishop and Arden FINALLY cave into what they have between each other, it's clear to see they will become a force to reckon with. Right after a few bumps in the road that is. They have a moment of distance, the usual bicker, and then back it. BUT I love them together and as characters in general. 

The ending though... that was the most amazing, tug on your heartstring and give me more ending. I WAS NOT expecting the character that showed up at the end. But I was very happy that Geneva ended it the way she did. I wouldn't have been able to handle it if the cliffhanger left me wondering if a certain someone would be alive or not. 

I loved this book so much and will be not so patiently waiting for the next book. Geneva is amazing and can write anything, she is an absolute favorite of mine.  


My Rating:
✪✪✪✪✪