Letting Go
by Jordin Lea
Andrews-Jones
Letting Go is an intimate
reflection on the realities of healing, grief, resilience, acceptance, and
personal growth.
Through honest and compassionate reflections, JL Andrews-Jones explores the
emotional weight we carry through life’s transitions-the experiences that shape
us, the expectations we struggle to release, and the difficult process of
learning to move forward.
This is not a promise of instant healing. Instead, Letting Go encourages
readers to slow down, reflect, embrace where they are, and recognise that
growth can happen at its own pace.
A heartfelt book for anyone navigating change, loss, self-discovery, or the
search for hope after difficult seasons.
Feel deeply. Heal slowly. Let go.
Get the book!
Author Interview
What
does your typical writing routine look like?
I don't really have a conventional writing routine.
A lot of my stories begin in my head long before they ever reach the page. I
can be going about my day and suddenly have a scene, a character, or an entire
idea develop in my mind. Once the story starts taking shape, I tend to become
completely absorbed in it and write whenever the ideas are flowing. For me,
writing has always been much more about following the story than following a
schedule.
What
did you enjoy most about writing this book?
What I enjoy most is getting lost in the world I've
created. I love taking an idea that initially exists only in my head and
watching it become characters, scenes and eventually a complete story. I also
love the freedom of writing because there are no limits to where a story can
go. Sometimes even I don't know exactly where my characters are going to take
me until I start writing.
Have
you ever turned a personal experience into a fictional story?Yes. My writing is often influenced by real
experiences and emotions, although I don't always write them literally. Letting
Go is much closer to my personal experiences, while Life Without Fantasies
allowed me to take themes, emotions and observations from real life and
transform them into an entirely fictional story. I think there is something
powerful about taking something real and reshaping it into something completely
new.
How
do you know when a story is “finished”?
That's actually a difficult question for me because
I could probably rewrite a story forever. Eventually, I have to reach the point
where I'm willing to let it go. I know it's finished when changing something no
longer makes the story better—it just makes it different. At that point, I have
to trust the story and let the reader have it.
If
you could choose three people to invite for a dinner party, who would they be
and why?
Sabrina Carpenter – I absolutely love her humour and
personality. I think dinner with her would be hilarious, and I have a feeling
there would never be a dull moment.
Enid Blyton – Her stories were read to me as a child, so inviting her would
feel incredibly special. Her books were part of my childhood and played a small
part in my love of stories and reading. I'd love the opportunity to ask her
where some of those wonderful worlds and characters came from.
Steve Irwin – He seemed to have such an incredible enthusiasm for life, animals
and people. I'd love to sit across the table from someone with that much
passion and hear his stories. I imagine the dinner conversation would be
completely unpredictable—in the best possible way.
City
or country?
It really depends on the location. I love the idea
of the country for the peace, space and slower pace, but put me in the right
city with good food, interesting places to explore and plenty to do, and I'll
happily choose the city. So I think I'm firmly in the “depends where you take
me” camp. 😄
Go
through a haunted house or attend a murder mystery dinner party?
Murder mystery dinner party. Absolutely. 😂 As someone who
writes psychological thrillers, I'd much rather sit around a table trying to
work out who did it than voluntarily walk through a haunted house. And I'd
probably spend the entire dinner analysing everyone's behaviour instead of
actually eating.
Where
can readers find out more about you and your books?
Readers can find me on social media under JL
Andrews-Jones, particularly on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. My books are
also available internationally through online retailers and Goodreads.
Facebook
Instagram
LinkedIn
I am a South African
author known for writing across multiple genres, driven by a passion for
storytelling that explores the depth and complexity of the human experience.I
am committed to creating work that challenges, reflects, and resonates with
readers beyond a single genre boundary.
At 19, I became medically disabled following surgery, an experience that
reshaped my life and perspective. Writing became both a creative outlet and a
way for me to rebuild purpose.
I am the author of Letting Go, a reflective work on healing and resilience, and
Life Without Fantasies, a psychological thriller exploring identity, power, and
truth.
Across my work, my focus remains consistent: to craft meaningful stories that
stay with readers and encourage deeper reflection.Based in Gauteng, South
Africa, I continue to write, publish independently, and engage with readers
through various literary platforms.